Saturday, April 19, 2008

New York, New York, big city of dreams...

You know where I won't be? New York. That's right, the New York Comicon is this weekend, it's been both a blessing and curse. When I learned that New York moved to the weekend before our show, I knew that we'd have problems landing certain guests. It has been a struggle in some areas, but I think we did just fine with our lineup. I was also planning on being there, but pulled out because it would have been suicidal to try to go to there a week before the Expo...it's turning out to be the right decision.

This past week has featured multiple flight changes for guests, and changing the timing of a bunch of things. A couple guys also canceled too. We're really behind in terms of posting our programming schedule for one thing, and there's some stuff that's supposed to be ready for the show (and it's not) and it's causing a lot of added stress. I'll talk more about that in a different post.

It's not all bad things though, so really I can't complain. The program guides came in on Wednesday, and I have to admit that I'm really proud of them. They look awesome, and I think that everyone that get's a copy will be very pleased. We also landed Party Machine as a sponsor, so that'll help us out with some of our transportation needs. There's been a lot of media requests coming in, and on April 16th we had a huge surge in web traffic.

We've got another volunteer meeting today, and it's coupled with our bag stuffing, and it should be fun. Today will be the day that a lot of things come together. I really think in the next 3-4 days pretty much everything will be finished, but it'll be a pretty good workload. I'm now officially on my 2 weeks of "vacation" from my day job, but I'll have to put in at least another day of work to catch up on some work and tie up some loose ends.

- Kandrix

2 comments:

Louie del Carmen said...

Kandrix,

I am really disappointed not being able to attend this year, the first time Calgary Expo is expanding to 2 days. I had such a great time there last year and lots of fun memories.

Hopefully, schedule permitting I'll make a triumphant return to stampede land next year!

I wish you and the rest of the staff at Calgary Expo continued success and have a tremendous show!

Post some pictures will ya?

regards,

Louie

VARAKIENEN said...

trying to reach people whom run calgary expo 2010
trying to reach people whom run Calgary expo 2010.
if any one knows of a Direct means of communicating with them, I would appreciate a notification.

All methods that They provide seem to be road blocked.
Please contact me at :
VARAKIENEN@YAHOO.COM