Sunday, March 9, 2008

Being Sick Sucks!

At this very moment, I'm sick. Or at least I'm pretty sure that I'm sick. Which really sucks. Had a quick meeting with a couple of the guys for the show. More of a workshop, we figured some stuff out for the volunteers, costume contest, floorplan, and a few other things I don't remember quite at this moment. Being sick just makes it hard to focus on stuff that needs to get done.

Our second batch of postcards and tickets are coming out later than I want. Part of it was waiting until we finished signing Tricia Helfer to our show. The other part was time (or lack thereof). They should be in this coming week, so then we can really push the marketing of the show here in Calgary.

We're also starting to work out some stuff with Citytv for our television ads (which will be sweet!). The Pattison platform transit ads I mentioned previously are up now too, at the U of C, ACAD/SAIT, and Chinook stations.

There's another batch of guests that I still have to put up on the site, and it'll be the last major guest update. We're completely full everywhere right now, guests, exhibitors, artists. I hope that our advance ticket sales do well!

Some bad news, we've had a few cancellations to our lineup. Amy Allen is in New York, and the film that she's working on had their schedule pushed down. It's unfortunate, but she'll be replaced by Matthew Wood, who played General Grievous from Star Wars. We've got a lot of male media guests, as Tricia's the only girl! And she's only there for Saturday!

Other cancelations include Bryan Lee O'Malley and Hope Larson. Some stuff cropped up last minute (and I already picked up their flights), but now I'm sending them over to the Emerald City Comicon, and they'll be coming out next year. So in the end, everything's cool.

That's all I can think of for now (things are a bit foggy...)

- Kandrix

No comments: